- 2 cups chopped white onion, divided
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 5 tablespoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano (preferably Mexican)
- 500g of whiting or barramundi
- Coarse kosher salt
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Corn tortillas
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted, sliced
- 1/2 small head of cabbage, cored, thinly sliced
- Salsa Verde
- Lime wedges
- Mix 1 cup onion, 1/4 cup cilantro, oil, 3 tablespoons lime juice, orange juice, garlic, and oregano in medium bowl.
- Sprinkle fish with coarse salt and pepper.
- Spread half of onion mixture over bottom of a glass baking dish. Arrange fish on top of onion mixture. Spoon remaining onion mixture over fish.
- Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- Turn fish and cover and chill 30 minutes longer.
- Whisk mayonnaise, milk, and remaining 2 tablespoons lime juice in small bowl.
- Brush grill grate with oil and preheat to medium-high heat.
- Grill fish with some marinade until just opaque in centre for 3 to 5 minutes per side. Grill tortillas until slightly charred, about 10 seconds per side.
- Coarsely chop fish; place on platter. Serve with lime mayonnaise, tortillas, remaining 1 cup chopped onion, remaining 1/2 cup cilantro, avocados, cabbage, salsa verde, and lime wedges.