- Trim any excess fat from the steak.
- Pat meat dry and evenly season the steak with 1 teaspoon cumin and 1/2 teaspoon of salt and pepper.
- Preheat an oiled grill pan, preferably cast iron over medium heat.
- Grill steak for 6-7 minutes on each side, turning once, for medium rare. Increase cooking time for medium well or well done steak.
- Transfer to a cutting board and let rest, uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Blend 1/4 teaspoon cumin, sun-dried tomatoes, capers, garlic, parsley, and sherry/vinegar with 1 cup water in a blender until smooth. Pour into a small saucepan and simmer for 3 minutes. Add any accumulated juices from cutting board, then season to taste with salt and pepper. Slice steak across the grain and serve drizzled with tomato sauce.